Thursday, October 16, 2008

A necklace that I will treasure forever

In case you haven't noticed, I love my little girl, Velma (my dog), more than anything else in the world. Call me strange, obsessive, the weird dog lady, whatever, I don't care (and believe me, I have been called all of the above and more!). I have never met anyone who has such a special bond with their dog as we do. She is my baby, my friend, companion, little angel, business partner, someone who loves me unconditionally, and so much more. Basically, she is super special to me and always will be. I had been wanting a special piece of jewelry to celebrate that bond and had originally come up with the idea of having a locket with a picture of her in it, but it seemed so ordinary. Instead, I purchased this beautiful, one-of-a-kind, locket-inspired custom necklace from Daisywares. I loved Roni's (the owner of Daisywares) hand-stamped necklaces as well as her scrabble tile pendants, so I decided to ask for a custom order of the two together. She came up with this fabulous piece which I will treasure forever. It is beautifully crafted, it arrived quickly at my door in adorable packaging, and she was even clever enough to use a "V" tile for Velma. This is more than a pretty piece of jewelry to me, it is something very dear to me that I will treasure forever.

4 comments:

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

Oh Yay! you got the necklace. How exciting. Thanks for the kind words.
Roni (and Sadey and Molly)

esque said...

It turned out great! And you're not crazy, I feel the same way about my kittehs!

Kim Caro said...

my business partner, Cleo the cat.

mvegan said...

So wonderful, I love daisywares~! ;0) Michele, http://mvegan5.etsy.com