Friday, December 5, 2008

A dog's (and dog-lover's) paradise

If you live in the San Francisco bay area, you have to check this place out. I had been hearing a lot about Point Isabel Park and what a great place it is to take your dogs, so I decided to take Velma there on our day off. I expected it to be the typical dog park: moderately-sized, some well-behaved and some out of control dogs running around, poop laying around creating a "watch your every step" situation, but still a pretty cool place to hang out. I was very pleasantly surprised by what we found when we arrived! First of all, this place is huge! Over 23 acres for your pooch's off-leash pleasure. It's also amazingly clean for a dog park; the owners (in my experience) were all super responsible in keeping the place clean as well as very nice. Mutt Mitts does a great job of providing clean up bags and they are readily available throughout. The energy of the dogs is a very good one (again, simply speaking from my experience). All the dogs were calm, polite, and under their owner's control--that was Velma's favorite part as she is not very tolerant of pushy dogs ;) This place offers everything for your pups to have a great time: plenty of space to run around, bay water to swim in, Mudpuppy's (self-wash, store, and cafe) and beautiful views. I'm not saying it's the prettiest place we've ever been to but it definitely has its charm. If you're looking for a place to hang out with your best pal, relax, grab a casual bite to eat and have a simple but pleasant day, I highly recommend Point Isabel. I know my baby and I will definitely be back!

5 comments:

Cathe Holden said...

Beautiful place! I'm just up the road in Petaluma, you picked a great day for an outdoor excursion! Don't you just LOVE the Bay Area!

Your blog is great. We love dogs!

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

I hope Velma got a doggie ice cream while she was there. We take Sadey and Molly there all the time. Our last dog got her baths there. And my friend had her dogs birthday party there. It's a great placed to be.

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Omg! My dogs would love that..! And your etsy shop is absolutely adorable! I am sucker for those big brown puppy eyes!

Linda said...

Poppy would love that place, you both look like you had bags of fun.
Lindax

Youniquely Chic said...

wow I wish I lived near the bay area, I am landlocked in Colorado springs, there is a pretty nice dog park here as well but not nearly as nice as that one! It's nice to find another dog lover on here, I have 4 dogs and they are my babies! Thanks, I am due a vacation so maybe I'll head out there! lol

Happy Holdays!
Tara